The Centre for Constitutional Law and Political Institutions (CDCIP)
CDCIP is a centre for scientific research focusing on political and constitutional systems and a forum for comparative analysis on current topics of modern constitutionalism.
Established in 1991 alongside the Department of Public Law of the Faculty of Law, the University of Bucharest, CDCIP has become a community for professionals and has developed as an academic centre of excellence in the research of constitutional law and political institutions.
For more than 20 years CDCIP promotes scientific studies and research in the field of constitutional law and disseminates or publishes the results thereof.
Among the objectives provided by our statute we mention:
- conducting fundamental and applied scientific research in constitutional law and political institutions;
- organising conferences, colloquia and scientific debates, and participating to exchanges of experience;
- carrying out constant academic cooperation, intra- and interdisciplinary, with specialists and research units within the University of Bucharest, from Romania and abroad;
- participating in national and international academic programs and projects, in our research field;
- developing information materials (brochures, electronic support materials, other publications) in our specific domain of activity.